Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form guide shows online with wrong preview PDF

Former Community Member
I'm using LC Designer 8.1. and tried to complete a form guide.

I can't figure out why the (working) swf-online version of the formguide keeps referring to a temp. guide preview sample instead of the PDFform the guide is based on.

Can I configure that somewhere or do I have to buy additional software?

Thanks in advance.

Erik
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you describe the steps you are taking to display the guide?

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

I think you mean this?

I made a map with all te files I needed. A swc,xdp and logo.gif. After completing the xdp file (and the guide) I was not able to save anything from the guide into my map (no swf) In the map `documents and settings\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.1\GuideBuilder` I found the swf file with the name tmpPreview.swf. Once I moved it online (together with all the other files in that map) it worked fine until I tried to export/send it by email/save it or show it in the guide. It then showed the `GuidePreview.pdf` file.

I also tried to save the xdp file as a PDF and refer to it from the `tmpGuidePreview.html` file. Did not work also.

Thanks

Erik

Former Community Member
To be able to render a Guide you need a server product called Forms. It will take the XDP template definition that you create along with the Guide definition (it is enbedded in the XDP template file) and it will render your template as a guide on the fly (compiling the Flex app to create the swf for display). The swf that you found is used for the preview of the Guide inside of Designer and is not meant to be distributed as a solution component file.

Former Community Member
Ok, Thank you for the information. I just learned that Forms Es will cost me 40.000 dollars. Think I will skip that option for now.