Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Expand to fit text when using a form

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm just learning LiveCycle Designer. I'm creating a form and would like a text field to expand down rather than create a scroll when someone types in a lot of text. Is there a way to make this happen? I've tried numerous things and looked in the help. I can't seem to find an answer to this.
4 Replies

Level 6
On the field's object tab, select "allow multiple lines". Then, on the layout tab, select "Expand to Fit" under height. When you save your form, select dynamic XML form as the save type. When you type more lines than will fit, you will see scroll bars, but the field will re-size itself when you tab out.

Former Community Member
Thank you! This is a huge help!

However, now I have another problem. When it expands, the part of the form following stays put. Is there a way to get the rest of the form to drop as the text expands?

Level 6
The answer to that is more than what I can cover in this forum. I suggest you read up on the help and explore the samples that come with LiveCycle Designer. You need to learn about subforms (flowed vs. positioned) and creating dynamic forms.

Former Community Member
Ugh, OK. Thanks for your help. I find their help hard to understand, but I'll see what I can dig up and possibly get a book.