Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Exception, processing incoming e-mail: 'no default queue found for user ...'

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br />I built a workflow, which gets initiated via email. It works fine. However, after I terminate various process instances manually in the admin ui, I eventually get the following exception. All further e-mails to initate the workflow result in the same exception and the workflow no longer gets initiated until I restart the JBoss application server.<br /><br />> 2006-04-04 12:11:16,653 INFO [STDOUT] 04.04.2006 12:11:16 com.adobe.workflow.email.InboxReader logFailedToProcessMessage: can't process mailmessage from: xxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, subject: initiate process via email: exception No default queue found for User:'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx' com.adobe.workflow.task.WorkflowUserNotFoundException: No default queue found for User:'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'<br />> <br>2006-04-04 12:11:16,669 INFO [STDOUT] com.adobe.workflow.task.WorkflowUserNotFoundException: No default queue found for User:'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'<br />> <br>2006-04-04 12:11:16,669 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.workflow.task.TaskManagerBean.createTask(TaskManagerBean.java:551)<br />> <br>2006-04-04 12:11:16,669 INFO [STDOUT] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor397.invoke(Unknown Source)<br />> <br>2006-04-04 12:11:16,669 INFO [STDOUT] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br />> <br>2006-04-04 12:11:16,669 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)<br />> <br>[...]<br /><br />Does anyone know, what a 'default queue' is? How do I set a specific queue to default, if there may be multiple ones?<br /><br />Steve
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello -

A user has a 'default queue' where tasks are assigned. However - these queues do not exist by default for all users, they are created when required. Also - users may have more than one queue, but this is not supported at this time.

Unfortunately the email code has a bug in it where the default queue is not created for users which do not yet have a queue. You will have to contact support, but I believe there may be a patch available to fix this.

Note: this should only happen when a user who has never logged into form manager or had work assigned to them in the User QPac sends the email to start the process.

Hope this helps -

Will@Adobe

Former Community Member
No, that would be completely unrelated.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
As Will has identified in his posting, you MUST have logged into Form Manager before trying to submit an email request. This applies to both email initiation and email participation.

If you log into Form Manager as the desired user then try to submit the email request, the request should be processed - assuming all other pieces are configured properly.

Cheers,

Val

Former Community Member
Hmm. All users with which I sent e-mails already have logged into Form Manager.

Recently, I get the 'no default queue' exception in
other cases as well. Therefore, it doesn't seem to be related to the manual termination of processes. Interestingly though, this exception seems to be thrown only when dealing with processes, which contain an e-mail component.

Does anyone get this exception as well?

Regards,

Steve

Former Community Member
In our database, for some users, there are three entries. Possibly, that's what is causing the 'default queue not found' exception. Some of the doubles haven't yet logged into Form Manager and therefore have not assigned a task queue.

Is there a convenient way to get rid of all user related entries in the mySQL database without having to delete the whole database?

Steve