Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error in Documnent Export

Former Community Member
Hi,

Iam using a document export QPAC in my workflow.. I give a document variable as input and expect the output to be put in a form variable(xpath given). The process stalls giving the ERROR com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: Failed to copy from file "E:\Adobe Livecycle Setup\Temp\AdobeDocumentStorage\local\removeOn2007Y06M27D11h26m22s.1182961582000\561338968089100193" to file "\Forms\sample\E3266-sample_Originator.xdp\@1182955353442\Forms\sample\sample_Originator.xdp

What could be the problem??
10 Replies

Level 9
Hi Ganesh

It looks like you're trying to copy the file to a repository location, rather than a location on the file system.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

that is exactly what iam planning to do..i am trying to get the data present in a document variable(containing a pdf) and put it in the form variable.. so that i could make use of the variable in the consecutive nodes

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

Or is there any other way to fetch the data from PDF and put it in a form variable?

Level 9
Yes, there is.

You need to use the (poorly named) Submit Form qpac.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

Tried using form server submit qpac...but i get a NullPointer exception ..and am little puzzled how this would help in my case... Here is the exception that i get...

>com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.ProcessFormSubmissionException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.processFormSubmission(EJBClient.java:437)

at com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.SubmitForm.SubmitFormService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)...

How do i go about it?

Former Community Member
My actual requirement is to extract the embedded attachements and data from the PDF received from an email receiver and add them as workflow attachments to the next user.

I have managed to extract the embedded attachments and add it to the next user-component task as workflow attachment using a script qpac(XPAAJ).

Iam unable to fetch the data from PDF and put it in the form variable which is the input for the next user-component

Former Community Member
Hi Howard...

I want to extract data from a PDF document variable and put it into a form variable. I went through this thread and according to ur suggestion used the Form Server Submit Form QPAC. Im also experiencing a similar type of exception.

Can u pls give me an insight about the usage of Form Server Submit Form QPAC and also how i can achieve my requirement using this QPAC.

Waiting for ur reply, thanks in advance..

srinath

Level 9
Hi Srinath and Ganesh

Could each of you please email us at: info@avoka.com so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Howard