Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enabling a drawing tool on a form?

Former Community Member
Is it possible to create some sort of drawing too so that someone filling out a form could draw on a diagram or place markings on a diagram?

What I have is a diagram is a body and I want someone to be able to place marking where there is pain or some other symptom (i.e. x's for stabbing pain, b's for burning pain). In a perfect world, I want the person to be able to click the relevant marking and place it on the diagram. Is this something that is way beyond Livecycle 8?
3 Replies

Level 6
You might consider using Flash or Flex to develop a Flash applet that you can embed in a PDF.

Former Community Member
Winnie -- Even though I can't answer your technical questions, I have to commend you for the idea!! I have suffered from Chronic Pain for a number of years and I lost track of how many ZILLIONS of X's & O's & /'s, etc... that I have had to fill out @ Pain Doc's offices!! Now if ALL of the pain & rehab docs would just go to doing that type of question on the computer!! Maybe they could just put a kiosk type computer in their waiting room and the patient (or their family) could fill out all of the zillion pages of paperwork that is required. Just imagine how many forests that would save!!!

Congrats on the idea!!

~kma

Former Community Member
The only thing I can think of is to use the commenting tools that are part of Acrobat. You would have to Reader Extend the form to be able to use commenting with Reader.