Expand my Community achievements bar.

Emailing Form Data - Help

Former Community Member
Have made a form and after filling it out when you email the data it is always blank. The XML file is 2kb in size and is empty... and if I import the DATA back to a blank form there is nothing there ...

This is a rather large form ... and the file size I would think would at least 70 - 100kb ...

is there somethign I am missing ....

Also is there anyway to have a PDF of the form emailed by users of READER ... I know it can be done with the Fullversion...??
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Rusty....I have no clue what is the problem that you have. Can you send the form that you have problem with to jpham@pacbell.net ?

Former Community Member
Hi Rusty

This sounds very similar to a problem for which I've just stumbled across a solution for. My form comprises 2 Master Pages, the first of which is limited to 1 copy only, the second can repeat to accomodate an expandable subform. The first Master Page has user fillable text fields. I found that importing the emailed xml data (having just installed the 7.05 patch) somehow lost the data from this Master Page - all except for one field which is common to both Master Pages and which I knew was set to Global in Default Binding.

Having changed all the other relevant Master Page fields to Global (even though they don't appear on the second Master Page) seems to have cured the problem. I don't know if this is an intentional feature but, whatever, it worked for me.

Regards

Dave