Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email form and not XML

Former Community Member
Hello,

How do I set the email button so that the form is mailed and not the data in XML format?

Thank you.
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Select the email submit button, click the XML Source tab (enable it in the view menu if you don't see it), and change the format attribute of the submit node from "xml" to "pdf".

You should know that Reader is unable to submit the PDF unless usage rights have been applied using Reader Extensions. If the client is Reader and you don't have RE you should continue submitting xml.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for the excellent advice. It was a breeeze once I knew what to do, and clicking on the XML Source Tab brought me right to the line of code that needed to be changed. I uploaded the form to our web site and sent it to myself and the PDF arrived instead of XML.

I do have another question. I can't find settings for Reader Extensions anywhere. I'm guessing this isn't an issue as long as the form is on our web site, but from what you say it seems like if I email the form to our users and they have it on their desktop and try to send it it won't go unless I have the RE settings correct.

I'm a novice and trying to learn so I appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Reader Extensions is an enterprise server product in the LiveCycle family. You can read more about it here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/server/readerextensions/

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I am a novice also and I want to create a form that we can send to our customers to fill out the form and send it back by e-mail. I want it to come back as pdf but not xml so that our sales staff can view it as a form. I tried the same tip above but I got a message saying that operation failed. Any suggestions. I don't have Reader Extensions. I would like to know how I can do the same as above reader by uploading the form to our website.

I also creating a button and setting its type to submit and followed the instructions for the follwing topic and still got the same result.

"To insert a submit button that embeds a PDF"

Any help is appreciated.

Former Community Member
I would like to know how to post my form that I have created on my website to be sent back to me as a PDF? I also do not want it to come back to me as a XML file I need it to be a PDF, any suggestions?

Level 7
Reader Extensions is the answer. Posting on the web site does NOT do

this, that is a red herring.

Aandi Inston