Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

E-Mail Button

Former Community Member
I can send an xml file, and I can change the format to "pdf" and send it as a pdf file. But, I'd like to click the E-Mail button and have it send the form to me in both formats.

I can make two events and send two e-mails, but I'd like to chang e the XML somehow to have one click send both formats.

Any help?

Tahnks in advance.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Tom,

You can add a regular button to your form and in the properties make it of type submit, then in the submit tab you can submit by XDP and click on the textbox to include "PDF".

Does that help?

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
It does help, but either I'm doing something wrong or there's a setting somewher I missed because when I try this, I get an error which states "The pdf document could not be saved and embedded in the XDP. This secure operation is not permitted." What am I doing wrong? Your instructions are clear and I think I followed them correctly.

Former Community Member
Tom,

I forgot to mention that this will only work in Acrobat not Reader.

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Thanks, Catherine...I'll try it again. I was using the PDF preview when I tried it. But, on the same topic, the people who'll be filling in this form will be using the Reader and not the full version, so I guess I'm back to square one. But, in the interest of learning, I'm certainly going to try this when I get to work.

Any other suggestions?

Former Community Member
Tom,

If you want users to be able to do this, you would need to "reader extend" the form using LiveCycle Reader Extensions. For more information on Reader Extensions see:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/livecycle/readerextensions/devcenter.html

I hope that helps.

Catherine

Adobe Systems