Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drop-down list troubles

Former Community Member
Hello, I have had problems finding the answer I need through the search, so I'm hoping someone is able to help!

I have a list of items that are similar to:

12345-123 ABC Text Description Here

98765-457 XYZ Text Description Here

Etc.

I have 15 total items.

I would like the user to select the drop down and see the full description of the items they have available to choose. However, after they've selected it, I only want the first 9 letters/numbers of my description to show in the field. This field must be allowed to be overwritten by the user.

Also, when I tried putting in a longer description in a drop down list, the viewable length is limited to the width of your original box. Is it possible to view a full description of an item without extending the original drop-down list box?

I am not too familiar with writing scripts or anything like that, so any help/explanation provided would be greatly appreciated!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Im using Designer 8 and when something is selected and the field is set, you can scroll through the field and see the whole text..

or when you place the cursor on top of each option, you can see the whole text (without having to click on anything)