Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Difference between Acrobat Professional and Livecycle PDF generator

Former Community Member
I have checked that both Acrobat Professional and Livecycle PDF generator support the .dwg to PDF conversion. I want to use it as a server application but I am confused about the specific tool which I should be using for this purpose. Kindly help me in this regard..
3 Replies

Level 7
You cannot install Acrobat Professional for server use. It is not

licensed for the purpose.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Dear Aandi,

I am really thankful to you for this info. One last question.. Are both the tools parallel to each other in terms of functionalities...are all the features made available in Acrobat Pro there in Livecycle PDF generator?? Like even after certain other installments.. but is practically possible to get all the functionalities provided by Acrobat professional in Livecycle or some other server product..

Regards,

Deepak Goyal

Former Community Member
Hello again Deepak,

Acrobat Pro and LiveCycle PDF Generator offer overlapping, but not identical functionalities. Since Acrobat is tuned for the desktop, it can be used to do user-driven actions such as review and markup, or drag-and-drop document assembly. LiveCycle PDF Generator focuses on tasks that can be automated,e.g. file conversions and scripted document assembly. If you'd like to add digital signatures or apply rights management in an automated, batch fashion, then the LiveCycle suite has separate modules for that. The PDF Generator feature overview is here. It's pretty complete, so if there's an Acrobat feature isn't listed, then it doesn't have it. http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/pdfgenerator/features.html

A side-by-side comparison of format support for PDF Generator vs the 3D version is here. http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/pdfgenerator/formats.html