Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Data population in Form inside workflow

Former Community Member
Hi,

We need to populate data into drop down box using certain query into the workflow.

is it possible if yes then what will be the step ??

Thanks in advance if some one can help me on this .

regards

Abhishek
22 Replies

Level 9
Hi Robert

I've never been able to call a web service that takes parameters programmatically. There are people who've told me that it is possible, but I've never had much success.

My suggeestions are:

1. Drag and drop your wsdl root node from the data view into your form. This will create a visual way to invoke your web service, including both input and output parameters. Verify that this all works.

2. Create a button that does something like this:

WebServiceInputField.rawValue = "some value";

WebServiceSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

3. Make all the fields you created in step 1 invisible.

This is known as the "Two button submit trick", and is very useful for invoking a web service (or another submit button) from within script.

You can find the same trick in Adobe's own Process Management fields.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

I'm basing my assumption off this bit of text (below) found in the designer help files. I am using the js script listed to call the WSDL with no issues from a dropdown change event, BUT there's no indication on how the value from the dropdown actually get's passed -to- the web service in the help file.

(From designer help)

You can execute the connection to the web service from another event instead of a button. For example, based on the value a user chooses from a list, you want to pass that value to the service. To do this, you would enter the following code on the event you want to trigger the web service:

In JavaScript: xfa.connectionSet.MyWSDLDataConnection.execute(0);

In FormCalc: $connectionSet.MyWSDLDataConnection.execute(0)

In both cases, the parameter being passed in is a Boolean value. When the results are returned from the web service, this value indicates whether the entire data DOM should be merged with the form or whether the returned values will replace those in the current instance of the form. Zero (0) indicates that the data will not be remerged; that is, no new fields or subforms will be added or removed directly as a result of this execute operation. One (1) indicates that all data in the data DOM will be remerged.