Expand my Community achievements bar.

Could not initialize the Java Virtual Machine

Former Community Member
While trying to configure the turnkey product I encounter an error in starting the JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES v8.0 service. The JBossService.exe ends up showing in the task list - but the service shows its status as "starting" and an enty stating: "Could not initialize the Java Virtual Machine" is placed in the event log. I've seen a posting on this form that traced at least some of these symptoms to the account under which the service is configured to run - but I don't believe that solution applies in this case - I'm starting the service under the System Account which has all the permissions it needs to start the service.
2 Replies

Level 9
Might be a memory problem.<br />Try running Jboss using <adobelivecycle>/jboss/bin/run.bat -c all<br />That might give you a better error message.<br />Howard<br />http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thanks very much for the suggestion. Indeed, the problem turned out to be memory related - I was able to correct the issue by updating the registry keys "JVM Option Number 4" and "JVM Option Number 5" so specify lower values. For some reason the system didn't like the 1024 meg size that was set by default (our server has 2 gig of memory).