Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Close PDF Form in IE Browser

Former Community Member
Hi,

Does anyone knows if there are any way to close a PDF form that is opened in a browser (Internet Explorer 6)?

In my form, there is a button that is supposed to close the form when clicked, it is working if I launched the form in Reader but does not work in a browser.

The script that I used in the click event of the button is:

event.target.closeDoc();

Thank you.
2 Replies

Level 7
Have you checked the Acrobat JavaScript API?

The "closeDoc()" method has a number of implementation notes with regard to its use. If you PDF is changed by the user or by JavaScript, it will require save rights. The documentation also describes use of the "bNoSave" parameter.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm looking at the Javascript reference now. The document does not mention anything about closing the form in an external viewer like a browser.

I've also tried the same form with Reader Extensions rights added to it, but the outcome is the same.

According to this thread, post #88

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe87bf/87

It was mentioned that "Note that this method is only available when the form's host is Acrobat." Does it mean that if the form is viewed in a browser using Acrobat it will not work also?

Thank you.