Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check Box restrictions

Level 1
Is there a way to restrict check boxes in a form so only one check box can be checked at a time? So if you ask the person to check only one box then it will not allow them to check another one in that section or if they check a different one, the others will clear.

thank you
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Elyssa,

While you could set this up with a whole lot of javascript, it sounds like what you need is already built into designer. You should use Radio buttons to meet your requirements. Radio buttons by default work exactly as you want your check boxes to work. While the radio buttons by default look like circles you can change the appearance in designer so that they look like check boxes, and the end user would never know the difference.

Level 5
Elyssa:

If you have your heart set on check boxes, this is in the change event of a CheckBoxY (Javascript);

if (this.rawValue == 1) {

CheckBoxN.rawValue = 0 }

I use this to toggle a pair of Yes/No checkboxes.

A similar code needs to be entered in CheckBoxN's change event - setting CheckBoxY to zero.

Mark

Former Community Member
I have used the radio button's as I too would like the user to only select on option in each section. The problem is when the customer receives the PDF form and fills it in the return PDF does not show any of their results. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Layla-jane