Expand my Community achievements bar.

Changing page height, with changing forms

Level 4
Hello,

I am using multiple subforms within a single page, to try and get a questionnaire that progresses from one question to the next with only the current question visible.

I'm using positioned subforms within a single flowed form, and then making fields "visible" or "hidden" according to which question I am currently on.

The problem I have is that the lengths of the questions can vary greatly, and I want the height of the page to change with the height of the question, to remove as much of the "white space" as possible.

Does anyone know how to make this possible?

Many thanks,

Tom
5 Replies

Former Community Member
I am not sure I follow ....are you talking about white space at the bottom of the page ...after the question?

Level 4
Yes.

Basically I am changing the amount of visible content and I would like to either limit or extend the size of the page so that there is as little as possible empty space at the bottom of my form.

Former Community Member
I have been able to change the page layout on the fly but I have never tried to change the page size. Can you send a sample of what you are doing to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will give it a try.

Note that I wll not be able to get to i until next week as I am at a trade show all week.

Level 4
Sent a basic page with what I want to achieve.

Former Community Member
Continuing on, I have a similar problem. I have built a 'twisty' mechanism - works great - shows a subject line, when user clicks on the twisty it shows more content. Nice.

The problem is when expanding a twisty needs to cross a page boundary. Basically the content shows up on the next page - i.e., the user doesn't see the content unless they scroll down to the next page.

(This is where I and potentially the original poster wondered about dynamically and temporarily mucking with page sizes.)

Oh yes, I'd like to print this document nicely as well...