Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change interactive pdf to non-interactive pdf

Level 2
Hi

I have a requirement where by I need to take an existing interactive pdf and convert it into a non-interactive pdf. I'm using LiveCycle Forms 7.2.

I know Forms can render both types of pdf's is it posible to render the form by value and not reference, what I mean is is it posisble to pass the existing pdf as a parameter in the renderForm() method and Form Server just creates a non-interactive version of the form?

Thank you
5 Replies

Former Community Member
If you have the XDP (Template) taht generated the Interactive PDF (From) what you can do is have the Interactive PDF post the XML Data to your application via submit button.

Then send that data along with the XDP (Template) bytes to Form Server with an option of PDF. That should render the PDF as read only. We do this for some applications at our enterprise.

Former Community Member
From the Developer Guide:

You can render a form design that was created in LiveCycle Designer and saved as a PDF or an XDP file. Set

the renderForm methods sFormPreference parameter to one of the following values:

● PDFFormRenders the form as an interactive PDF document.

● PDFRenders the forms as a non-interactive PDF document.

● PDFMergeMerges data into a prerendered PDF form.

Level 2
Hi Cory

Thanks for the reply i cant do it your suggested way but i did find a workaround.

Thanks again.

Former Community Member
Dear Cory

I am using LifeCycle ES 8.2. I want to convert my Interactive form into non-interactive form while I save it. I could not do from the above replies given. Would you please so kind to help me out?

Please advise me step by step process. As I am new to Adobe Forms...but I have created one succesfully?

Awaiting yours...

Asim

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm creating an interactive pdf file with text field boxes for people to open it in Acrobat reader, put their info and save it. But they can not save the file, they just can type and print it.

How should I save my pdf file in Acrobat Professional so they can open the file with Acrobat Reader put their info, save it and send it back to me?