Expand my Community achievements bar.

case #172003823 stumped tech support

Former Community Member
I have a body page (set to flow) with a subform (set to flow) that has a text field on it. All have been set to "expand to fit" y axes on the layout pallet. I have setup overflowleader/trailer subforms for pagination, as well as, checking the "allow page breaks within content" and "allow multiple lines". When I type more than one page worth of data into the field, the field paginates to a new body page with another textfield to handle the over flow. However, when I tab out of the field on the new bodypage and then select this field again, all of the text that was previously typed appears in the second page with a scroll bar. Does anyone know how to make a textfield paginate properly and actually break the content up into two seperate bodypages?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Actually, I should have asked rather than simply bumping this.

Has a solution/workaround been found for this?

Thanks,

Stone.

Former Community Member
When a textfield wraps to the next page, it will create an exact duplicate of the textfield on the

second page (contents included), but it will scroll that textfield to the location that the first

field left off. So, if you print or view the file, you will get the desired result. However, if

you click in either field, you will see the entire text in both fields as you mentioned.

I don't think this is a bug...I think this is just how it was designed. So what exactly is your

issue with this? I would think when you're editing the field, you are much better off to have the

entire contents of the field to edit. When you click out of the field again, it should paginate

correctly.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
There's no workaround, it's an unfortunate "feature" of the edit control, it doesn't understand XFA pagination, so when you activate it (by clicking in the text field) it shows the data from the beginning like it thinks it should.

Maybe this will work better in the future, but I think we're talking about the OS's edit control, so I'm not sure if there's much that can be done.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
The problem is usability. In my world, Jane Q Government worker can't have confusing form behaviour. Having the same data appear in two fields on 2 different pages leads to questions and phone calls.... It ends up being a support headache, even with a help note.