Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Cannot start JBoss service when using a turnkey install

Former Community Member
I am very new to java and adobe world. Shall appreciate any pointers

--I am trying to install LiveCycle ES turnkey on windows server 2003 32bit.

--Downloaded Java 6

--installed the LiveCycle turnkey.

--cannot start the JBoss server. Tried to start manaully. Still fails.

Please help me!!
11 Replies

Former Community Member
This could be caused by the JbossService asking for too much memory.

I would try going into the registry and modifying the following key:

Browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES v8.0\Parameters

Change JVM Option Number 5 from -Xmx1024m to -Xmx768m

If this doesn't help please post your JBoss server log.

Bryan

Former Community Member
I hope you don't mean JDK 1.6 because that's known not to work with LiveCycle ES. You should stick to the latest version of the 1.5 SDK.

Former Community Member
Yes. I am using JDK 1.6.

I am not able to find JDK 1.5. I downloaded JRE 1.5 but the installation for turnkey ask for JDK. Is there something I am missing? Does the turnkey installation need SDK or is JRE enough? If yes, where can I download SDK 1.5 from ? Appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Former Community Member
It requires JDK 1.5. Here is a link to sun's download section: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

Chris Trubiani

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
On this page, I clicked get JDK download. (The fisrt link on this page)

It takes me to https://sdlc1a.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=EDB2C4809D6556A602CBD77CB42E2C79

This page has the download for the windows JRE. This is the place that i=I downloaded the JRE. jre-1_5_0_12-windows-i586-p.exe

I am not able to find the download for the JDK. Am I missing something? I shall appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Former Community Member
I had a look at the link. I feel my issue is that I was using SDK 1.6. Trying to hunt for JDK 1.5. I shall appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Former Community Member
Thanks to everyone who replied.

The issue was SDK 1.6.

After installing SDK 1.5, I was able to configure and start JBoss and complete Livecycle installation.

Former Community Member
I am trying to install Adobe LiveCycle ES 8.2 with PDF Generator. Installation is done with no error. While configuration, it cannot start JBoss service when using a turnkey install. My SDK is 1.5

I tried to change heap size and max perm size. My current JAVA_OPTS setting is:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -Xms128m -Xmx1024m

I also tried to Re-creating the JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES service. When I try to start the service using sc start "JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES" it does not start the service. State is shows STATE : 2 START_PENDING

Please help me.

Thanks

Girish Chaudhari

Former Community Member
hi

i have installed Jboss thru jems installer.After i did that i tried to open

http//localhost:8080/ it says it cannot open.

can any one plzz help me