Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot rotate text in table cell

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle Designer 8. I want to rotate the text in the top row of a table so that the text is displayed vertically. I have created a simple 3 column, 2 row table. I select one of the cells in the top row (I click in the cell and the cell borders are highlighted). When I go to the "Layout" tab the "Rotate to 90", "Rotate to 180" and "Rotate to 270" buttons are "active" (meaning they are not greyed out and when I click on them, they move just as you would expect a button to move). The problem is that the cell does not rotate when I click on any of those three buttons. It's as if Designer simply ignores my click.

Since I am relatively new to Designer, my first question is: am I going about this correctly? If not, how do I rotate text vertically in a table? If I am doing it correctly, what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Tim, you're not doing anything wrong. That was a bug in Designer 8 that has since been fixed. <br /><br />To get around your problem, try manually adding rotate="90" to that particular cell in the XMLSource.<br /><br />So you would have something like:<br /><draw w="30mm" h="22.2238mm" name="Cell1" rotate="90"><br /><br />Steve<br />Adobe Systems