Highlighted

Cannot open a PDF form in Adobe Reader 7

09-03-2009

Hello

I have developed a form in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8. The form has java script embedded in it to do validations. The form has Usage Rights enabled and works well versions 8 and 9. However, when I open the form in Adobe Reader 7, I am getting an error message asking me to download a higher version. When I view the form properties in LiveCycle Designer for this form, I have the following settings:

XDP Preview form: Acrobat 7 (static PDF form) under defaults tab.

Under compatibility tab, I have the following settings:

Form Type: Acrobat 8 (static PDF form)

Text Formatting: Version 7

Event model: Version 7.

Much appreciate if someone could tell me how to make this form compatible with Adobe Reader 7.

Replies

Highlighted

10-03-2009

thanks Jono But I cannot see any option to set Target Version.

the options I have are XDP Preview format and PDF Render Format which are set to Acrobat 7 static PDF form.

I have set a permissions password on the form using Acrobat 8 and under Password security settings , I have set the compatibility as Acrobat 5.0 or later. However, When I look at the form properties by opening the same form in LiveCycle, the compatibility still shows Acrobat 8 static PDF form.

How do I get this form to be opened by users in Adobe 7?

Appreciate your quick response.
Highlighted

Jono_Moore

10-03-2009

Maybe you're running an earlier version from me (I'm using 8.2) and it's in a different spot, but there should be a setting for what version of Acrobat to run the form in.

In 8.2 it's on the Default tab in Form Properties.

Try searching help for "target version". Other than that I don't know what's going on.
Highlighted

10-03-2009

I just did a file "save as" and selected Acrobat 7 PDF as the type and it works now. However I got into another issue where I submit the form to a Java servlet that in turns writes the data to Oracle database. When I click submit using Reader 7, nothing is happening compared to Reader 9 where I get some kind of message from Servlet.