Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can we avoid specifying User ID & password for connecting to LiveCycle server through code?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am developing a JAVA program that connects to the LiveCycle ES server to assemble two PDF files. Here is some part of the code I am using. The code works fine.

Properties connectionProps = new Properties();

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT, "jnp://localhost:1099");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE, "JBoss");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME, "administrator");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD, "password");

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

AssemblerServiceClient assemblerClient = new AssemblerServiceClient(myFactory);

If I do not use the credential info (user ID and password) I get some credential exceptions. Is there a way that I can avoid providing the credential information? The reason for this is I do not want to hardcode the user ID and password information as the password can change. Is there any other way to solve this issue?

Regards,

Ragha
2 Replies

Level 10
You can turn security off from your process.

Go under adminui under Services/Application and Services/Service Management.

Search for your process and under the security tab you can disable the security or use the 'Run As' feature to run under a specific user context.

Jasmin