Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Can't export....

Former Community Member
Wow this one has me puzzled. I assigned this basic code to a button:

exportData("",0)

When I open this simple form in Reader 7.05, fill in some fields and then try and export -> nothing happens....?

Any help -> greatly appreciated!!!

JoeZ
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Joe,

For security reasons the exportData function only works when performed on certified documents.

Denver Green

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thanks - didn't see that in the help in Designer. Might have not looked enought I guess!

Thx again.

JoeZ

Former Community Member
I drop the form back into Professional 7.0 to "certify" but that option is grayed out?? I created the form in Designer and don't see an option to do it there....?

TIA

JZach

Former Community Member
OK, what I'm trying to do is this:

1 - Create a form that will perform some basic financial calculations in the area of mortgage payments, etc... Designer has really cool funcitons for this type of thing that make this easy and that is why I started there.

2 - This form will be primarily used in Reader. I need the user to be able export the data from Reader so they can come back and import if needed at a later date.

I could use AcroForms/7.0 Javascript IF I could get those same financial calculations done. The two key items are the ability to perform those calcs AND get the data in and out....

Guess I'm asking (and still looking too :) if those types of finacial calculations that are fairly easy now in Designer are possible via the 7.0 version of Adobe's Javascript....? So far looking through the JS guides, I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for any help!!!

JZach

Former Community Member
Wow, I can insert an e-mail submit button!

Then the user can save / export the data file and simply not e-mail it!

Not the first choice but it will work....

JZach

Former Community Member
If you do decide you want to certify, what you need to do is add a sig field to the form in Designer. Then open the PDF in Acrobat and click the sig field. Choose certify form and continue through the wizard.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hello

I tried to do what you wrote, but if I right click the sig field nothing happens. In the security settings of the Acrobat Reader I found that signing is not allowed.

So how can I certify the form?

Thank you

Sincerely

Lore