Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

calculating a total

Former Community Member
I have downloaded one of the sample forms, Purchase Order(Live Cycle ES), and have modified it to suit my needs. However, I have messed up the formulas, by deleting/changing certain cells. I can no longer get it to "total." It looks like a purchase order sheet where the end user will type in Quantity, Unit Price and the form Calculates that Amount. Then they can click on "add Item" button and type in additional items, if needed. The problem is the Total is not reflecting any activity. Is there someone out there I could e-mail the form to for review to let me know what i am doing wrong? Or is it possible to walk me through this. I am a first time user and, of course, am trying to meet a deadline to post this form on a company website. Thanks in advance.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Why not look at the original sample again. Or you can look at other Purchase Order samples that are notdynamci interactive as they will have the same code.

Former Community Member
Paul, thanks for your reply - I did do that and typed in the formula and I keep getting errors stating for example: accessor 'detail[*].numAmount'is unknown.

No matter what formula I put in I get some sort of error. I bought the book Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LIve Cycle Designer, but no place in the book, that I can find, says how to create a formula - at least not that I can understand - I am a Word user not even Excel. Perhaps I should just do a plain form that the end user will just have to total up on their own.

Thanks again.

Former Community Member
Send the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Former Community Member
Paul,

I have sent the form to the e-mail as suggested - thanks again!!

Elaine

Former Community Member
I am very new to LiveCycle, and I was hoping that I could get some help on making a dividing calculation. I need to have a field (Monthly_Payment_Sum) divide by field (Monthly_Income_Sum) = a percentage. I have tried many different variations and I don't think I am even close. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Former Community Member
Using javascript:

name of field to store percentage.rawValue = (Monthly_Payement_Sum.rawValue/Monthly_Income_Sum.rawValue) * 100