Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Buttons work in acrobat 7 pro but not in reader 7

Former Community Member
I have 3 javascript buttons on a form that is linked through a datasource to a database. The form works perfectly if you open it using 7 pro but if you use reader 7 the buttons dont do anything at all - they are to navigate prev & next record, add new record & save record (update).
4 Replies

Employee
Using a datasource to connect to a database is a feature of Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Professional.

To enable database connectivity to work with Adobe Reader the PDF document must be Reader-Enabled with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions

Former Community Member
So how do you find the information on Reader-Enabled with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions?

Former Community Member
But an interesting problem....I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0. I have followed the instructions provided in the Help screens to program buttons to navigate thru a database. The Form does display the first record...the buttons do not navigate thru the recordset.

This is both in preview mode and with Adobe 7.0 Pro

Former Community Member
You can find information on Reader Extensions on the developer center: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/livecycle/readerextensions/devcenter.html

For help with the buttons to navigate, go into Designer help and search for "Attaching a database script to a button" (without the quotes) and this should provide you with the information that you need.

Michael, is this where you found your information the first time?

Catherine