Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Button /Execute Database Problems

Former Community Member
I am trying to do an Update to my database using a button. When I choose the execute type on button the database does not show up and my only connection option is WSDL. I am connecting through OLEDB and can read data from the db no problem. Just need to do basic update, insert , etc.

Thanks

B
5 Replies

Former Community Member
It looks like a data connection isn't something that you can call using a button whose control type is Execute; that only seems to be supported for WSDL (although I may be wrong here, that's how it seems to be behaving).

Is there a way you can set up a WSDL that you can call to update your data?

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
I have never used WSDL but I suppose that is an answer. I am using MySQL, Also why is the documentation explicit about having this functionality if its not there? Just over Zealous copy writers?

Thanks

B

Former Community Member
That's a good question, because I did the same thing you probably did and looked it up in the documentation, wondering why it didn't work... but it does seem to be a documentation error.

Sorry about that - I will log it to so that it gets addressed.

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Yeah, if it's says that in the docs, it shouldn't. An Execute button is specific to execute a WSDL data connection. For an OLEDB data connection a regular button with the script to update the DB in the click event is sufficient.

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Can someone post a script that does "insert, update" to a database using OLEDB connection to access database?