Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Background colors in HTML runtime

Former Community Member
Hi all

Pardon me if my English is rusty, not my primary language and it's been a while since I was typing the last time.

Rather new at LiveCycle developing and I also started a new job yesterday in which I'm going to dwelve down a bit on LiveCycle Designer and how to speed up our form production. As a starter on this job, I'm developing a form (actually a schedule form) with prefilled data from an xml file. Since the data is loaded from xml data through a form server it will be dynamically amounts of data which makes it very desirable to use dynamic subforms. When using the preview tab in the designer I've been able to achieve a fairly nice look, but running the same form through "Form Services" and viewing as html instead of pdf makes a mess out of it. Since this is my first job at my new work I would really like to manage to get something decent out of it, I've got a previously created form with an accepted design to aim towards but unfortunately that form isn't built to use any kind of repeatable subform which doesn't make sense with lots of data and also dynamic amounts of data.

What I'm asking about here is if it is possible (really hope so because I have a deadline of feb 12 to keep) and if possible, how to do the following so that it not only works in pdf preview:

1. Change background color of subform, modulus operand will be used to change color for each fourth item.

2. Change background color of fields too as above.

3. A small example of my javascript code. Works well in Designer preview:

this.border.edge.stroke = "lowered";

this.border.edge.presence = "visible";

this.border.corner.presence = "hidden";

if( schedule.index % 8 < 4 )

{

this.border.fill.color.value = Backcolor1.value;

}

else

{

this.border.fill.color.value = Backcolor2.value;

}

Anyone with any tips to share? And if it is one of those things that simply doesn't work with html, please let me know and give me any tip to solve it in any other way... background images?
0 Replies