Expand my Community achievements bar.

Auto Convert Doesn't Do the Check Boxes

Level 1
I created a document in Word, created a PDF from it and am turning it into a form. The form only consists of lines and check boxes. The check boxes are square and begin blank. I want the user to put an x or a check (I don't care) in them as necessary.

I used the automatic convert and it created fields where there were lines perfectly. But it ignored all the check boxes. Isn't there a way for it to automatically convert them too?
1 Reply

Level 1
Additional three thoughts: First, is there anything I can do while still in MS Word to enable Acrobat to see the check boxes easier? Different font? Same font, but different "character"? Etc. Second, if there is no way the check boxes can be recognized and converted, is there a way to do an after-the-fact search-and-replace, searching for the check boxes and replacing them with clickable boxes. By the way, I don't need to capture data; I just need for people to be able to fill out the form on their computer and print it. Third, if Acrobat can't do this, is there third-party form software that recognizes check boxes?