Expand my Community achievements bar.

audit trail

Former Community Member
I am new to Adobe workflow and supporting existing processes. Is there an audit trail that shows the history of a workitem from initiation to close? I am not seeing that anywhere in the documentation.
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Bill,

You can do a search from inside of WebAccess to see the history of a work item. Just click on Search in the black title bar. If you initiated or participated in the work item, you can use the Simple Search. If not, or if you want to narrow down the search results, you can use the Advanced Search.

Former Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for the note. Where is this stored? I want to archive completed workitems and then purge them. However, I need to keep the completed forms and the history for future reference but not on the workflow server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Former Community Member
ITWORKITEMS Table gives you your audit history.

Former Community Member
Thanks. That was very helpful.

Do you archive and purge from your system?

Former Community Member
At the present time we do not have an archive solution in place but will be working towards one in the near future.

Former Community Member
So, what do you have in mind for your system? When I worked on Staffware workflow, we wrote the case data and audit trail data for "purgeable" workitems to a separate SQL Server table for long term storage and retrieval.

Former Community Member
When I have the time to work on a viable solution for our clients I will let you know. 8o)

Former Community Member
Jon,

Thanks for the note. Your suggestions yesterday on how to deploy were great.

Do you know where I can find a list of errors or error codes for workflow. From time to time, I get a "wfStmt::SubmitEnd" error. Are these listed anywhere?

Thanks,

Bill

Former Community Member
will be working towards one in the near future