Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Adobe Reader Users can not submit form

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have created a form with LiveCycle 8.0. The form has a submit button to submit a pdf of the completed form via email. The form works when I test it on any users computer with Adobe professional installed. However, anyone that only has Adobe Reader 8 installed can only open the form and enter data....the submit button will not work for these users.

Could anyone please give me some advice? I need users without Adobe Pro to be able to open, fill out the form, and send via the submit button/email.

Thanks for any help

Brett
22 Replies

Level 1

I am u sing Adobe 9.0 and trying to create a fillable form where it will email a specific person once completed and the submit

button is selected.

I am able to preform this function having the full adobe .

Howeer, when i post this form on our intranet the users can view the form, slick submit and then received operation not permitted.

I have verified the font is embedded, i have made sure the security is set for form filling, i hav also enable reader usage right. I am stuck !! what else do i need to do ?? please help

Level 1

You'll need to extend that feature for use by Adobe Reader.  In Acrobat 9, click Advanced | Extend Features in Adobe Reader ...  This will restrict some functionality in the PDF file, so best to save this modified file to another name for publication to Reader users.  Then you'll be able to modify your original fillable form document more easily when the time comes to maintain it.