Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Former Community Member
I have a client that receives an intermittent error when opening a PDF file into Adobe Designer. she get the following error.....(Library returned system code 1, error code 21. English test was "this direct object already has a container"). I can uninstall then reinstall and it goes away for a while but comes back. Has anyone seen this error?

Rick
2 Replies

Level 7
Can you supply more information about the PDFs trying to be opened and your operating environment?

Are they forms created in Acrobat or LiveCycle Desinger?

Forms created using Acrobat AcroForms Form Tool can not be edited in LiveCycle Designer and visa versa. LiveCycle Designer can import a non-form PDF and add XML form fields.

What version of Acrobat are the PDF's and what version of LiveCycle Designer is your user using?

Former Community Member
The forms are just standard word documents that are then converted to PDF's with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional, version 6.0.2. The client then uses LiveCycle Designer 7.0 to open the PDF and add or modify form fields. The error occurs when launching livecycle designer. It will either open the document in the editable format or it will return the .....(Library returned system code 1, error code 21. English test was "this direct object already has a container"). It will work for 1-2 weeks then quit and start giving the error.