Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2 ES keeps crashing at Startup

Former Community Member
I've upgraded from Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 to Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0. Acrobat works fine. However, every time I launch Designer I get a debug window at the splash screen. The program freezes and quits everytime. I've repaired, uninstalled, and rebooted several times. 7.0 is completely uninstalled. I've even checked the registry. Still it freezes and crashes.

I'm on XP SP2 and have .NET Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and all their SPs.

Please help.
46 Replies

Former Community Member
Why would you install a fix that didn't apply to you? This fix was specifically for LiveCycle that was installed on the same machine as M$SQL 2008. If you don't have SQL2008 installed then there was no reason to apply this path!

Stupid is as stupid does!

Former Community Member
I've been involved with the SQL 2008 fix for a long time, read back through these posts and you will easily find where I had to remove my SQL Server 20008 and replace it with the 2005 version just to keep LiveCycle working.

It is very hard on a public forum to keep comments like yours from appearing. Your type seems so common on public forums. Quick to call people names.

Have a nice day.

Level 1

I have the same problem after upgrading computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. What should I do?

Level 10

Designer 8.x is quite old and hasn't been designed to run under Windows 7.

If you have any problems try to reinstall the application or try to run it with compatibility mode for Win XP.