Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding values

Former Community Member
Hello, I have several issues with my pdf form. First, when I try to change one field into a numeric field, the word numeric is written in the fillable area of the pdf form with no place to type in a numeric value. After that is fixed, I want to be able to add numeric values in certain areas and total them in another. Much the same way one might add values in specified squares using Microsoft Excel and have the total show in the desired square. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

-Eric
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Eric I have seen this behavior before. If you are making this change to the field in a Calculate event, the calculate event seems to throw the word for the parameter you are setting into the field value. Try to associate the change to the field type, to whatever you are doing to warrant this change occurring (like on a change or exit event).

As for your totaling issue, you should be able to preform a calculate event that will add any fields together.

Former Community Member
Note that the calculate event is special such as it assigns the result of the script directly to the fields value. For example, the following script will work just fine:

NumericField1.rawValue + NumericField2.rawValue;

Cheers

Hélène

Adobe Systems