Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Adding LifeCycle Reader Extensions to a PDF Form created in Acrobat Pro 6

Former Community Member
HELP!!!!

I have already created a form in Acrobat PRO 6.0, but I am running into the issue where my clients who don't have Acrobat STD/PRO can not enter their data and then save the PDF form as a copy and email it back to me with the data included. I understand that this LifeCycle Reader Extensions allows for such a result, but I have not clue how to add this funtionality to my already created PDF?!? I have downloaded the trial version Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.1 (which appears to have full functionality for only 60 days)in hopes to just add this capability, but I am tripping over my own feet trying to figure this out.

If anyone could provide some guidance...I would totally appreciate it. I am trying to get away from the paper piles (as i'm sure we all are) and it is such a tease to see the demo documents from the Adobe site actually do what I am trying to do!!! :)

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance anyone can give.

Cheers!

-jon-
2 Replies

Level 7
>. I understand that this LifeCycle Reader Extensions allows for such a result

That's correct.

>but I have not clue how to add this funtionality to my already created PDF?!?

LiveCycle Reader Extensions is a product. You buy it. Note that the

price is "on application" and varies with your company's needs, but is

typically either tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is to

offset the "lost sales" of Acrobat which people would otherwise have

to buy to save forms.

> I have downloaded the trial version Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.1 (which appears to have full functionality for only 60 days)in hopes to just add this capability

There are many products with LiveCycle in the name from Adobe. That's

a different one.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Aandi is correct.

I have Reader extensions as well as lifecycle Designer and Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.

I can create any form with either designer or Acrobat, but must run them thru reader extensions to add the saving capability.

By the way, after you unlock the form, you can make a lot of modifications to it such as adding dropdown options fieldsand stuff, and still retain the enhanced capability.

John