Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add new field to Form - Layout changed

Former Community Member
We started from a paper form. We scanned it and converted to PDF. We then used LiveCycle to lay out fields on top of the PDF (many, many fields). Now the layout of the document has changed (they added 3 more fields). They want to send me a new version of the layout (on paper). Is there a way to export the fields from the current form and import them on top of the new layout? Otherwise I will have to re-scan the new form and re-layout the form fields again, which would be very painful, since there are at least 50 fields. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex
4 Replies

Level 7
I expect this will be a continuing issue. Since you used LiveCycle Designer, you can not just replace the background PDF as can be done with Acrobat Form Tool forms. So unless you are doing something that requires LiveCycle Designer's form features, I would use Acrobat for the forms. Now if they can provide a Word doc or you can create a Word doc of the form and you have version 8 Professional or better, you could use the Run automatic form-field recognition.

Former Community Member
How do I replace the background using Acrobat Forms?

Thanks,

Alex

Level 7
In Acrobat with an Acrobat created form, not LiveCycle Designer, you select on the menu bar "Document" and then "Replace Pages...". You will be prompted for the PDF to use for the replacement pages, and then what pages to replace in the original PDF and what pages to use from the new PDF.

Former Community Member
If you imported the original PDF as "artwork" (using the Create an Interactive Form with Fixed Pages" option in the Import wizard), then you can replace the artwork using Edit->Replace Artwork... command. Your fields will be preserved.

Mike