Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Able to paste in form outside fields in Adobe Reader

Former Community Member
I have created a Form in LiveCycle Designer 8, saved it and re-opened it in Acrobat Pro to enable usage rights in Reader and re-saved it.

When opened in Reader it can be filled in and saved. the problem I'm having is that the user filling in the form is able to paste text in the form outside the fields. How can I prevent this? I don't want the form to be editable in any way other than completing the fields and saving the filled form.

Also, I have validated the date fields in the form so that the Display, Edit, Validation and Data patterns are(MM-YY) which triggers a customised error message. When the User clicks ok to the error message the date field retains what was incorrectly entered - rather than clearing it for correction - and focus is no longer on the field in question.

Is there a way I can prevent the user being able to enter anything in the date field other than via the drop down calendar? Even if I can, this obviously requires the user to enter a day which is superfluous to requirements, but I have read that the calendar can't be switched off so I'm not sure how to get around this, other than offering an explanation to the user to select any day as long as it is the correct month and year.

Any ideas?

I would really appreciate some help with these issues.
0 Replies