Expand my Community achievements bar.

a possible Click event?

Former Community Member
Hi,

Beginner to Live Cycle. Need a numeric field to display a pattern with a decimal point when a certain radio button is checked and vice versa...when the other radio button is checked, there will be just a whole number without the decimal places. (Salary field.) Is this possible?
2 Replies

Level 7
In the calculated field, I would check the value of the check box use that value to determine which formatted output to use. It should be noted that the result field should be a text field and read only. You would have to use JavaScript for the calculation since JavaScript supports formatted strings by using the "util.printf(cFormat, *)".

Former Community Member
Thanks for your help Geo but maybe i should be a little more specific as the field is not performing any calculations. The user will enter their salary and click either annual or per hour (radio buttons). I'm trying to format that entered field by displaying a whole number if annual is checked. And 2 decimal places if per hour is checked. (if the user enters 10 and checks per hour, the field will display 10.00 instead of 10)