Expand my Community achievements bar.

A few questions on capabilities of Livecycle barcoded forms

Former Community Member
I'm looking at options for automating an existing paper-based form, and have a couple of questions on the capabilities of Adobe barcoded forms:

- Complex validation: There is a section of the form which requires entry of an address history for the last 5 years. The addresses entered must be validated to ensure that there are no gaps or overlaps in the time periods for each address. Is this level of validation possible?

- Some of the information on the form needs to be pre-populated from information available in a database(e.g. for renewal applications). Is it possible to generate part-populated forms on the fly, and send these to users to complete the remainder? (rather than requiring the user to enter all fields)

TIA for any help.

Ian
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I believe you're looking at the wrong product, LiveCycle Barcoded Forms is a decoder for decoding information from the paper forms barcode object if it's place on the form.

- Complex Validation: If I understand correctly you want to check the set of entered addresses to make sure that there is no gap in the time line. If so, then yes, this can be done iwth a validation script on the form.

- Form Prepopulation: Yes, this is typically done using LiveCycle Forms (previously known as Form Server).

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support