Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

4 Real (fun!) Bugs 7.1

Former Community Member
1) Text in the Script Editor doesn't refresh so you type, then you don't see it, but it's really there. Fun!

2) Try editing text in a text box and then Ctrl+Z. Bam! text is gone. For real! Great addition to Delete and Backspace.

3) Tab Order? Hehe.

4) Replace fonts permanently? Right. Try it then search your XML. Woops still there.

Enjoy.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm not sure why you call this a LC Designer bug since by default in Windows Ctrl+Z is the keystroke shortcut for "undo". What ever text you edited before typing Ctrl+Z will revert back to it's previous state. That's Windows, not Designer.

Former Community Member
Try it first, then you'll see what I'm talking about. It doesn't undo what you typed, it DELETES EVERYTHING IN THE TEXT BOX! (Designer 7.1)

Former Community Member
Ok, I think I see the difference. If I type text in a static text object
and then click outside the object, then click the static text object to change some of the text, then click Ctrl+Z, only the text I
just modified reverts back to the original.

In your case, you must have typed some text, then changed what you typed
without clicking outside of the object. In that case it makes sense - your original text change was never "committed" to the object, so it reverts back to the the "default" that appears in a next text object (in my case it says "Text").

Make sense?

Former Community Member
ummm...

no.

What I'm seeing is the entire contents of the text box is gone. Even text that was there before and was already commited. It happens intermittently and I can't tell you right now when exactly. I will try and isolate it and post back. Thanks.

Has anyone else seen this happen??

Former Community Member
...and here's another addition. Sometimes Designer 7.1 increases the page size tremendously for no reason. Usually when moving a subform around or when using floating fields on a non-dynamic form. I then have to bring it in to Designer 7.0 to put the page size (in Layout) back to the usual 8.5 x 11. If I try in 7.1 it doesn't allow.

Former Community Member
".and here's another addition. Sometimes Designer 7.1 increases the page size tremendously for no reason. Usually when moving a subform around or when using floating fields on a non-dynamic form. I then have to bring it in to Designer 7.0 to put the page size (in Layout) back to the usual 8.5 x 11. If I try in 7.1 it doesn't allow."

The reason this happens is because somehow one of your fields has gone outside the "master page" size. You will need to figure out which field it is and move it back into the page margins, then go to the master page and adjust that also. The only reason I know this is because one of the Adobe people who monitor these forums was nice enough to let me e-mail her my form and she figured out what was going on.

It is quite a hassle though.

Former Community Member
SGreen:

Ok I got it.

1) Start a new form in 7.1

2) Create a paragraph of static text and commit it

3) Select a word and change the Paragraph > Line Spacing

4) Now Ctrl + Z

Bam!

Try it. This is only one example of when it happens but it happens to me all the time.

Amanda:

Thanks for your help. But, wouldn't you say that's a bug, even if there is a workaround? And, it doesn't happen in 7.0. And, I think it happens even if there is nothing there.

Enjoy,

-Nissan