Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

2 Column Table to have Content Flow

Former Community Member
Is there a way to have the content flow within a colunm of a table top to bottom and then when it reaches a max it begins in another column?

I am making a questionnaire that has numerous questions that become visible 1 at a time based on the answer and I run out of space in one column.

Thank you in advance,
9 Replies

Former Community Member
I assume you want it to flow like a newspaper column does. I have done this but not with an interactive form and also not within a table. Basically you need two content areas. When the 1st one fills up you woudl flow onto the next named content area (the one that is beside the current one). Then when that one fills, flow to next page.

Former Community Member
I am having an issue with the questions currently. I have lets say 30 questions. I make all but 1 invisible hoping that when the question became visible it would be positioned right after the last visible question but it seems to position the questions in design mode.

Can i have the questions flow properly without having to position each one after the other via javascript?

Thanks,

Former Community Member
If you are just using visible/invisible the question is layed out on screen but simply not visible. If you want it to flow then you will have to have a flowed form which will redraw after you make the question visible. The Dynamic Interactive Purchase Order sample has a similar way of doing things have a look at that and see how it is structured. Look in the EN/Samples folder in the Designer install directory.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

It seems like they use a table in the example and the row that is added has the same detail. The questionnaire will have numerous different questions.

Do you think i should put all my questions into a array and add the row with reference to the array position?

Former Community Member
No I think a completely flowed approach would be easiest to manage and maintain. No tables just content areas. Make any question that is not being used hidden, then make it visible when you want it. That will let us take care of the flow and you do not have to worry about it.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I find if i make any object hidden it starts to be glitchy. Have you experience it before?

Former Community Member
Nope ..I use hidden on dynamic forms all of the time.

Former Community Member
Paul, when you make the presence hidden in the designer.. and via script you make it visible.. if you need to hide it again do you use invisible or can you use hidden again?

I find if I have anything hidden before i preview the form it seems like some background processes keep running and the hourglass is always on the cursor.

Former Community Member
If you use invisible it is part of the template and it will take space. If you use hidden then it will not be part of the template. When you make it visible the form has to be layed out again. This could be what you are seeing.