Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need a help to automate the content update

Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to automate the aem content authoring work. From some third party automate app tool. Do we need the api key for accessing the aem url for logging to aem?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi 2gj:

I'm not sure what your content automation tool is, or what it is doing. Can you explain what your automation tool is going to do?  Is it creating content in AEM?  If so, no key is required but you would require a service worker authenticated with an access token.

Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Automating the content author- we will update the content of the some of the page on regular basis. which has the 20 -30 pages, we update manually (some product along with the product description).

content Automated tool is nothing: it will pick the description from the ticketing tool and edit the content manually and update the content automatically and publish the page.

Thanks,

Employee

You can look into using the SlingPostServlet functionality, which is the content CRUD API, to modify the page.  https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servlets-po...

If you are planning to update the content on a frequent basis, you might consider making the content changes on the frontend, since the page cache may become a problem. 

But for the post servlet, you just need a service worker with a token and authentication to make the modification.  In general, I would caution against doing too much automated manipulation directly on a published page.  You might consider posting the content into the JCR then allowing a workflow to update the content so it can version the content, make the update and notify someone the update was made and published.