Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which extension do I need to register using registerExtensions API for making Identify, Track and Lifecycle events?

Level 1

(Query - 1)

As per this Adobe docs, where it mentions:

MobileCore.setApplication(this);
         MobileCore.configureWithAppID(ENVIRONMENT_FILE_ID);

List<Class<? extends Extension>> extensions = Arrays.asList(
                 Analytics.EXTENSION, Identity.EXTENSION);
         MobileCore.registerExtensions(extensions, o -> {
             Log.d(LOG_TAG, "AEP Mobile SDK is initialized");
         });

It basically mentions to register Analytics.EXTENSION and Identity.EXTENSION, right.

So my query is that in order to make below events:

1. track (Using this API: "trackState(@NonNull final String state, @nullable final Map<String, String> contextData)")
  2. identify (Using this API: "setVisitorIdentifier(@NonNull final String visitorID)")

Do I need to register Analytics.EXTENSION and Identity.EXTENSION or not before using these API's?

(Query - 2)

I'm trying to implement LifeCycle events in Android and referred this Adobe docs, where it suggest this:

MobileCore.setApplication(this);
     List<Class<? extends Extension>> extensions = Arrays.asList(Lifecycle.EXTENSION, ...);
     MobileCore.registerExtensions(extensions, o -> {
        // Any other post registration processing
    });

So my query is that in order to successfully use this two Adobe Lifecycle API's in my app:

MobileCore.lifecycleStart(null);
MobileCore.lifecyclePause();

Do I need to register the Lifecycle.EXTENSION (by calling registerExtensions API) or not. If I don't register this extension will LifeCycle tracking still work or not?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @1abhishekpandey,

Yes you need to register the Analytics Extension and Identity Extension to use the trackState/trackAction APIs. Same applies to Lifecycle. Documents include all dependencies required for each solution so, you will have to follow all the setup steps to successfully implement the SDK.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @1abhishekpandey,

Yes you need to register the Analytics Extension and Identity Extension to use the trackState/trackAction APIs. Same applies to Lifecycle. Documents include all dependencies required for each solution so, you will have to follow all the setup steps to successfully implement the SDK.