Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

upload XDM Indyvidual Class data with UI

Level 5

Hi, 

I would like to import sama data through UI dataset. Data would part of XDM Individual Profile Class. However I have got some doubts about required fields:

a) _id - I might generate some random string of length 20?

b) createdByBatchID - if I use API I would be assigned with some batchID. However it is not the same with UI. Should I generate some random string? 

Thanks 

Mike 

Michael_Soprano_0-1707826642583.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Michael_Soprano  - These 2 fields are not mandatory and can be ignored when you are using individual profile schema.

_id is mandatory for Experience event schema because it uniquely identifies the event. 

Thanks,

Arpan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

if you are ingesting into dataset of individual profile schema, then both _id and createdByBatchID are not mandatory. 

_id - its to identify the record uniquely. you can think of something like surrogate key in a data warehouse.

createdByBatchID - you don't need to pass any value for this.

--SSJ

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Michael_Soprano  - These 2 fields are not mandatory and can be ignored when you are using individual profile schema.

_id is mandatory for Experience event schema because it uniquely identifies the event. 

Thanks,

Arpan

Administrator

@Michael_Soprano Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.