Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Updating AEP Schema field descriptions using API

Level 3

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing good.

Currently I am working schema registry API to update Custom AEP filed descriptions. I noted down all description in one excel, and need to update in AEP. I am looking for an

• easy method to find JSON path each  field, so I can easily  call the patch APIs.
  • is there any way to update multiple filed group in one single request.

Hope the questions are clear. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I found the solution myself. 

First  taken the entire structure of all schema using API. Then extracted the JSON path programmatically.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @deepakkv 

Looking at the JSON code provided by Adobe (in this GitHub repository), I could see that updating multiple field groups is not possible, screenshot below:

Kishore_Reddy_0-1647358725171.png

However, please try Update a custom schema if all or most of your field groups are in one schema.

Kishore_Reddy_1-1647359935594.png

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 3

@Kishore_Reddy  Thanks for your reply. I think this  GitHub repository contains only the Postman collections ( Correct me if I am wrong ). basically I am looking for easy way extract path for each filed that I need to place in patch request on schema filed group end point 

deepakkv_0-1648111272337.png

Updating schema won't work in my case, as there is no schema is available with most of the filed group.

Administrator

Hi @deepakkv 

Did you find resolution?

Correct answer by
Level 3

I found the solution myself. 

First  taken the entire structure of all schema using API. Then extracted the JSON path programmatically.