Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

then operator between the profile attributes

Level 2

Hi All,

I'm planning to create a filter in CJA using the "then" operator. Can I use only event attributes between the "then" operator? When I tried with profile attributes, it only gave me empty results. let me know if you need more details.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

CJA stores only the latest Profile attribute data available, one way I know of to achieve this is to run a daily Query Service job that takes the daily exported data from UPS Dataset and convert each profile value into time-series data, then insert that into a separate dataset and then use this dataset in the CJA connection.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi @Deepak_Kv ,

The THEN operator lets you define Sequential Filters.
Sequential Filter:-
Sequential filters let you identify persons based on navigation (page views across your site, interactions with scenes in your mobile app, or using a menu on a set-top box). Sequential filters provide a filter of defined actions and interactions and help you identify what a person likes and what a person avoids. When building sequential filters, the THEN operator is used to define and order person navigation.

Here is an example:

Session One Session Two Session Three
The person went to the main landing page A, excluded the campaign page B, and then viewed the Product page C.The person again went to the main landing page A, excluded the campaign page B, and went again to the Product page C, and then to a new page D.The person entered and followed that same path as in the first and second visits, then excluded page F to go directly to a targeted product page G.

Doc Link- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-platform/using/cja-components/cja-filters/filters-...

Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

You were talking only about events. Let me elaborate on my question. Let's say I have a profile attribute XYZ with the value ABC, and I'm sending a specific email using AJO to that particular people who have ABC value on XYZ. After sending the emails, I want to know how many profile attributes XYZ changed to PQR.

I created a filter in CJA like below:

XYZ equals "ABC"
then
email = sent
then
XYZ = PQR

Is this possible? Do you have any other approach? Basically, I want to see the impact of the profile attribute after a particular event."

Correct answer by
Employee

CJA stores only the latest Profile attribute data available, one way I know of to achieve this is to run a daily Query Service job that takes the daily exported data from UPS Dataset and convert each profile value into time-series data, then insert that into a separate dataset and then use this dataset in the CJA connection.

Level 2

Hi @Kumar_Saurabh_ , can you please elaborate some more on this approach:

What is the UPS Dataset named in AJO?

Also, is there a way to retrieve the last date a profile was modified from some OOTB field in the schema? We checked the _repo.modifyDate from one of our custom profile schemas that we created. However, we are note able to query this field:
select _repo.modifyDate from profile_dataset;

We get an error stating: 

•  Column _repo.modifydate does not exist.
Can you please let me know why this might be the case. 

Thank you.

Employee

Hi @jm_11,

The Profile Snapshot dataset is available in AEP. Another dataset that AJO writes is - AJO push profile dataset.

Below is the list of all the automatically created dataset that is used by AJO (available in AEP):

kumarsaurab_0-1711002687845.png

To create a report in CJA on a Profile attribute to see the trend of updates (from value AAA to BBB), there are 2 ways:

Option 1- Run/Schedule a daily Query Service job in AEP that takes the daily exported data from the Profile Snapshot Dataset and convert each profile value into time-series data, then insert that into a separate dataset and then uses this dataset in the CJA connection.
The Profile Snapshot Dataset mentioned above is available in AEP which gets refreshed daily with the latest Profile data ingested in Individual Profile Datasets.

Option 2- When the data is ingested in AEP for an Individual Profile Dataset, ingest the same data using another dataflow to a time series dataset (Experience Event) along with a timestamp value i.e. ingestion time.

This Experience Event dataset should not be enabled for profile. When you use this dataset in the CJA connection, you will see the previous values for all the profile attribute.

Level 2

Hi @Kumar_Saurabh_ 

Can you please confirm that adhoc created datasets from Query Service will show up as potential datasets to add in a connection. 

I created 2 datasets using the CTA functionality in query service, yet they were not showing up as datasets that I could add to the connection. Please let me know. 

Employee

Hi @jm_11 ,

To be available to add to a CJA Connection, the dataset in AEP must have a regular schema, not an ad-hoc schema. Query-derived datasets have an ad-hoc schema, and this will prevent the dataset from being available to CJA.

Hope this clarifies! 

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh