Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Simple question on Dataset Precedence

Level 3

Hello All 

When you are ingesting datasets for a profile from various sources - and you decide to use merge policy based on dataset precedence what the system will react when you have multiple datasets ingested but in the precedence order chose only two of the datasets. Will the rest of the dataset data being ignored during the merge even if one of the profile field has value in one of the dataset has is being ignored in dataset precedence? 

Lets for example I have Dataset CRM_SB 1, CRM_SB 2, CRM_SB 3

and is Dataset precedence the order is

CRM_SB 1

CRM_SB 3

What happens to data for CRM_SB 2 

I tried some experimentations and it seems CRM_SB2 is ignored all together even if CRM_SB 2 has values for some fields which CRM_SB 1 and CRM_SB 3 does not have. 

Special thanks to @Tof_Jossic as he has been very quick in responding to my questions. 

Thanks 

Prithvi

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Prithwiraj_Deb Hi @Prithvi, thank you!

Can you take a look at this existing thread where some of this was already discussed at length:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/validate-merge-policy-wit... 

Let us know if that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Prithwiraj_Deb Hi @Prithvi, thank you!

Can you take a look at this existing thread where some of this was already discussed at length:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/validate-merge-policy-wit... 

Let us know if that helps

Level 3

That question and following discussion really cleared my doubt and I also agree with the suggestion that AEP should not try to mimic every feature of MDM. The field level validation of null values for data-set precedence will not give proper cost benefit advantage and I don't see any important field to be "Optional" and field is mandatory the XDM validation during ingestion would have failed anyway.