Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sending different values to RTCP to one profile attributes

Level 8

Assuming that I send different values within multiple days to this field: personalEmail.address

The last value would be use as a source of truth for RTCP profile ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano I do believe this would still depend on the current merge policy. If email address what changed in, lets say, "account settings" dataset, and this is not the highest ranking dataset from a precedence perspective, there is potential that the most up to date email address would not be reflected on profile. But from a timebased merge policy perspective, the most recent change would be reflected.

@abhinavbalooni please correct me if I'm wrong, but we've had use cases in this scenario where merge policy is the deciding factor.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano 

It depends what merge policy you are currently using. If Default Timebased, then the most recent record ingested to profile would reflect as the value. If Dataset Precedence is used, the highest ranking dataSet is used. For example, if emailAddress is included in 3 different dataSets:

Rank 1- DS1= abc@gmail.com

Rank2 - DS2= def@gmail.com

Rank3 -DS3=xyz@gmail.com

Rank 1 data would be used in this case (abc@gmail.com)

Hope this helps.

David

Level 8

but if this is sent to same dataset? For example somebody changed their name or email in account settings

Community Advisor

Hey @Michael_Soprano 

The latest email will reflect in the above scenario.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano I do believe this would still depend on the current merge policy. If email address what changed in, lets say, "account settings" dataset, and this is not the highest ranking dataset from a precedence perspective, there is potential that the most up to date email address would not be reflected on profile. But from a timebased merge policy perspective, the most recent change would be reflected.

@abhinavbalooni please correct me if I'm wrong, but we've had use cases in this scenario where merge policy is the deciding factor.

Community Advisor

Hey @DavidRoss91 

You are right! Missed the point if the data is being brought in from different datasets and merge policy is set to dataset precedence then it would behave the way you mentioned above.

Cheers,

Abhinav