Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Send Adobe Analytics to two different company report suites through Adobe Tags

Level 2

Hi there

We have a web journey where we want to send Adobe Analytics to two different report suites at different companies eg one goes to company A, the other goes to company B.

We are using Adobe Tags and I've been reading in the community it may be possible to do this by using a Datastream in Company A's Adobe Tags instance eg In Company A Tags create a datastream and configure the Adobe Analytics extension in the Tags property to send the data to company B tracking server.  

Has anyone done this and can explain how to set it up? Is there an easier way via the Mapping table extension.

The alternative is to use a iframe, but if it can be done via Tags, it would make the set up and management easier. BTW, both share a common datalayer. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am thinking about how different those companies you want to send data if they are even different Adobe Experience Cloud Org, or just operationally different companies where data is stored in different report suites but under the same group and using the same AEC Cloud Org.

The latter is of course way easier where you send data into multiple and different report suites or datasets in the data stream configuration. However, you need to be aware that those different report suites or datasets are expected to have the same configuration, such as evar/event or XDM so they can properly receive and map data.

However, if it is the first case where we are talking about different business entities, that will be very complicated and I am wondering if it is appropriate to send web traffic data to a different company as such, there will be a lot of data security, privacy, and compliance concerns, regardless of if it is doing or not.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MattLap , refer to this blog that explains on how to manage data into multiple datasets. Once you get the concept, you can implement for your needs.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-blogs/multi-forked-event-...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chetanya

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am thinking about how different those companies you want to send data if they are even different Adobe Experience Cloud Org, or just operationally different companies where data is stored in different report suites but under the same group and using the same AEC Cloud Org.

The latter is of course way easier where you send data into multiple and different report suites or datasets in the data stream configuration. However, you need to be aware that those different report suites or datasets are expected to have the same configuration, such as evar/event or XDM so they can properly receive and map data.

However, if it is the first case where we are talking about different business entities, that will be very complicated and I am wondering if it is appropriate to send web traffic data to a different company as such, there will be a lot of data security, privacy, and compliance concerns, regardless of if it is doing or not.

Level 2

Thanks @ChetanyaJain & @leocwlau 

@leocwlau You are correct in your first assumption eg that each company has its own AEC org ID. We currently do this today via an iframe where we post the datalayer values to a page within the iframe that is hosted by company B. Company B then capture the URL values and send on to their Analytics instance under their AEC org.

I was hoping there would be a way to solve this via tags, but it seems that all multi report suite solutions need to be within the one AEC org id.

The link above looks promising. I will dig into that and see if there is a creative way to solve this.

in the meantime, if anything else springs to mind please reply post

Level 2

Btw this is the post where I started to think it was possible in tags, perhaps with custom code.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/can-i-send-specific-data-...

The answer suggests it’s possible but if in the same data centre which would be, but it doesn’t elaborate.

Level 1

The primary issue in your case is the two report suites belong to two different AEC Orgs, where those solutions are working for multiple report suites tagged under the same AEC Orgs.

There is one more concern while brutally pushing website traffic data to a report suite owned by another company under a different AEC Org, how the visitor ID is generated and managed. When you are implementing on your site, no matter with the explicit Visitor ID extension or the embedded version using WebSDK, visitor IDs generated referring to your AEC org ID, https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/id-service/using/intro/id-request. However, when setting up datastream by using a report suite ID from another AEC Org, using the s.sa function, or even simply putting rsid_a,rsid_b as the report suite ID in AA extension, they are not the use cases from Adobe and I am not sure how Adobe Analytics handling the alien visitor ID to identify a unique visitor.

Your existing iframe approach works as the iframe from company B has a complete setup with their visitor ID service and tracking into their AA report suite, yet for the same visitor, the visitor ID on for your site is different from the visitor ID on the company B website as embedded in iframe.

I feel sorry to discourage you from sharing data with different companies by directly sending website beacon, no matter if it is technically possible or not, per the data security, privacy, and compliance concerns.

I don't know your use case on website traffic sharing so it is difficult to suggest alternatives, however, the private data marketplace on Adobe Audience Manager, or a destination on the AEP for consolidated data could be a better choice for data sharing.

Community Advisor

oops... just realized I was logging in with a different account but that was from me.