Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

segment job question

Level 6

Unfortunately its not said directly in documentation - segment job is actually refreshing audience on demand?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@_Manoj_Kumar_ is right.

@DavidRoss91 There is no documentation calling it out explicitly but based on our experience too, on-demand segment evaluation job just gives you the profile count but it becomes available for use only after the segment evaluation job has run for the day.

The tweak that is applied at times when there is an urgency is that the daily segment evaluation iob run time is tweaked to make it run earlier than usual.

Hope the above helps?

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi, @Michael_Soprano 

Yes, an ad-hoc segment evaluation job will refresh the specific audience on-demand. You are able to see the updated audience count within the monitoring tab --> segmentation jobs --> filter on specific ad-hoc job. The audience size in the UI will not update immediately. I believe you would see that update post the all audience export job that is run daily.

Thanks,

David

Community Advisor

Hello @Michael_Soprano  Segment jobs used to do this but not anymore. It just gives you a estimated count now. To get the actual count you will have to wait for the segmentation evaluation job.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_  - is there new documentation on this? I believe the on demand job will still update the count in real time for audience activation? Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@_Manoj_Kumar_ is right.

@DavidRoss91 There is no documentation calling it out explicitly but based on our experience too, on-demand segment evaluation job just gives you the profile count but it becomes available for use only after the segment evaluation job has run for the day.

The tweak that is applied at times when there is an urgency is that the daily segment evaluation iob run time is tweaked to make it run earlier than usual.

Hope the above helps?

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 6

Really interesting. I am happy that actually I asked that question. So the only way right now to refresh the segment on demand (if some business requirement come) is to create new schedule?

Community Advisor

Hey @Michael_Soprano 

You would have to update the existing schedule to run at an earlier time. Don't have to create a new schedule.

Cheers,

Abhinav