Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment data not flowing to destination - profiles received is 0

Level 1

Hi,

When i create a segment and activate to a S3 destination. The segment is manually qualified and the qualified audience is shown.

when this segment is now activated to a S3 destination, we see that activation run is success, but the profile received is 0. 

can you please help us understand what might the issue due to which segment data is not flowing into destination dataflow.

Thanks 

Rama

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you Manoj.

We observed that Manual qualification of segment does not result in desired results in the S3. The platform initiated segment qualification is resulting in correct data being reflected.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

@RamaGunturi , Whenever you are trying to activate to S3, the mandatory columns should have data. If there is no data, the activation wont egress the data to S3.

Level 1

Thank you Sheejo.

I have not defined any Mandatory columns in the activation mapping.

Community Advisor

Hello @RamaGunturi 

You will receive the data the next day at the destination for manual evaluations for batch segments.

Here is the note from the documentation:

Because of the way internal Experience Platform processes are configured, the first incremental or full file export may not contain all the backfill data.

To ensure a complete and most up-to-date backfill data export for both full and incremental files, Adobe recommends setting the first file export time after 12 PM GMT of the following day. This limitation will be addressed in future releases.

Reference: Activate audience data to batch profile export destinations | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you Manoj.

We observed that Manual qualification of segment does not result in desired results in the S3. The platform initiated segment qualification is resulting in correct data being reflected.

Level 2

Hi Manoj,

I am seeing a similar issue with Bing connection in "Destinations" and there is no option to skip the columns in the Audience while setting up the connection. Is there an alternate way to skip them while setting up the connection. Here are the details of the issue - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/bing-ootb-connector-missi...

Because I haven't skipped the columns I get Profiles Included as 0. Kindly help.

Thank you,

Sirisha

Community Advisor

Hi @RamaGunturi  - I would requst you to verify the "Dataflow runs" and check if there are any identities activated to the destination. If you see the profiles exlude then we wouldn't not received on the S3 destionation.

Identities excluded: The total number of profile identities that are skipped for activation based on missing attributes and consent violation.

Please refer here for the exclusion reason, https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/dataflows/ui/monitor-destinations.html?l...

I would also request you to take one sample profile and see if the segment has been qualified under that profile.