Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Removing IP field as part of Schema

Level 4

Hi,

If we remove IP field from schema, what are the implications that it can pose?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21  Assuming you are taking about IP from Analytics to AEP, It should not pose any issues in the set up of AEP. 

If you have any use case for segmentation/reporting ( highly unlikely) use case based on IP address, these may be impacted. 

The only place i could see it impacting is if you use IP address to filter your data. 

P.S: Also please consider reviewing privacy/governance rules before you consider using it within AEP. 

Hope that helps

Anil

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21  Assuming you are taking about IP from Analytics to AEP, It should not pose any issues in the set up of AEP. 

If you have any use case for segmentation/reporting ( highly unlikely) use case based on IP address, these may be impacted. 

The only place i could see it impacting is if you use IP address to filter your data. 

P.S: Also please consider reviewing privacy/governance rules before you consider using it within AEP. 

Hope that helps

Anil

Level 2

In SQL queries you can make changes in the database and get the result you want.

Community Advisor

Hi @SCB21,

Any specific reason why you want to remove the IP address? There are some use cases that will be important especially for anonymous users for tracking them better and also for social advertising. You will be able to secure this data easily in AEP, so I wanted to understand the rational to remove it.

Thanks,

Chetanya 

Level 4

Hi @ChetanyaJain 

The team is concerned about exposing IP address in the UI itself so that's why we were asked to remove the field.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @SCB21,

you can use this attribute-based access control to hide from UI. This will be rolled out to all the AEP instances in phases.

Regards,

Chetanya Jain 

Level 4

Hi @ChetanyaJain 

Thanks for sharing that link.  One question though, if we do deprecate the IPv4 field from the schema that Adobe has, does that IP address data not get stored in logs by any chance?  From what Anil was saying, it's seems that field is primarily used for use cases like segmenting through ip address.  Am I not right on that?

Thanks

Level 4

In case you are using webSDK, the IP address is automatically populated. But you can overwrite this field in websdk/adobe tags.

maggod_0-1678202992650.png